One Card I’ve seen a lot of on Pinterest and Instagram lately are Wallet Cards. Yet finding easily understood and usable instructions has been a little trickier, so the other day I decided to just ‘wing it’ and see how I went.
Then I got to thinking while my Online Event was happening the other night “I can’t be the only person out there looking for instructions…” and the rest…well, not quite History yet, but I’m working on it! 😉 For now, I’ll just share my notes on making these pretty awesome, snazzy Gift Card wrapping option with you…then we can all take over the World.
Gift Card Wallet
To make this up you’ll need;
1 Sheet of SB Essentials 12″ x 12″ Card
Fine Liner Pen or Gel Pen
Corner Rounder Punch
6mm Super Tape Double Sided Tape
- Trim your Card pieces first. Cut one piece to measure 28cm x 10cm (Score at 14cm), one piece to measure 30cm x 9cm (Score at 13.8cm), one piece to measure 12cm x 9cm, one piece to measure 10cm x 2½cm and the final piece to measure 6cm x 1cm.
- Round the Corners on the 28cm x 10cm piece of Card. Fold and Burnish your Score Line. This is the Main Body of your Wallet.
- Score the 30cm x 9cm and the 12cm x 9cm pieces on both sides and on the bottom 1½cm from the edge of the Card. Fold and Burnish all Score Lines. This creates the Flaps to attach these sections to your Main Body. On both pieces you’ll have a little square on the bottom corner; remove and mitre your corners to sit nicer when the little flaps are folded in.
- Attach your larger Card piece to the Main Body using either Super Tape or Glossy Accents. This piece should sit in a smidge from the edge of your Main Body.
- Repeat Step 4 to Attach the Gift Card Pocket on the Right Hand Side of your Inner Wallet. *Tip – I actually positioned my credit card in the pocket to ensure I had a Pocket at the end of the day.*
- Flip your Wallet over so the outside is facing up towards you. Now the fun part of positioning where you’d like your ‘tongue’ to go. This will depend on how you wish the Wallet to open. I’ve positioned my ‘tongue’ on the Left Side with the Hoop on the Right. The choice, as always, is yours.
- Curl your ‘tongue’ with your Bone Scorer so it’s easier to work with. Hold your ‘tongue’ where you would like to position and gently bend over the open edge of your Wallet. When you’re happy with the positioning, Attach to the back of your Wallet with Super Tape.
- Curl your smallest piece of Card (6cm x 1cm) and gently fold the ends under. Position so your ‘tongue’ is sitting inside the Hoop. I attached mine 2cm from the edge. Once you’re satisfied with the position, attach with Super Tape.
- Now to decorate! You can add a photo on the inside of your Wallet along with the Gift Card of choice and any little notes inside. Using either a Fine Liner or Gel Pen, draw small dashes around the edges as ‘seams’ or ‘stitches’ on the inside and around the edges of your ‘tongue’ and Hoop on the outside.
- Close and gift!
This really is a quick and easy Project. I’m thinking of adding some Dry Embossing on one using a Stencil and my Ezy Press to see how that goes. I’ll also be doing some Ink Blending around the edges and folds for the next one to add some ‘age’ to the overall look and feel. You can also Heat Emboss the initials on the Front or on the Inside Pockets. The options are nearly endless. And it pretty much goes without saying all Products used are Kaszazz.
If you do make this up, please brag and show us how awesome you and your Wallet are! Would love to see what you come up with. 🙂
Till Next Time….Happy Crafting!! xx