I’ve done it!!! I’m no fan of writing up instructions for projects…it’s a big speed bump for me, yet I have no idea why. So when I can successfully sit down and type up instructions with very little effort I’m over the moon! Either that or I’m instantly suspicious that I’ve left something out or something else isn’t adding up. Hence my excitement to kick off today’s Post.
I really enjoyed making up these Gift Tags. These are actually the Prize for playing Alphabet Soup during my Online Event last night. Once I finished making them though I just kept going. They are THAT fun to make!
All Products I’ve used for these Tags is from the Winter Wonderland Collection recently released by Kaszazz. Contact me directly if you’d like further information on the Winter Wonderland Stamps or SB Papers.
Bling Gift Tags
To make these up you’ll need;
- 4 pieces of White Card measuring 9cm x 5cm
- Winter Wonderland Word Montage Stamp Set
- Alice Uncut Stamp Set
- Wonderland Deer Uncut Stamp Set
- Archival Ink Pads
- Viridian, Aquamarine and Rose Madder
- Alcohol Ink Art Markers
- Blush and Powder
- Metallic Tape, Silver Glitter 2 lengths approx 10cm each
- Corner Rounder Punch or Envelope Punch Board
- Single Hole Punch
- 4 lengths of Seam Binding Ribbon measuring approx 15cms each
- Using the Chisel Point of the Alcohol Ink Art Markers colour one length of Metallic Tape, Silver Glitter with Blush and the other with the Powder AIAMs. Set aside.
- Stamping your Tags
- Tag 1) Stamp your Celebrate along the Right Edge in Rose Madder Archival Ink. Imagine you’ve already attached your Glitter Tape to position your Oval Shape Hanging Baubles on the Upper Left Side of your Tag. Use the Rose Madder Archival Ink to stamp. Set aside.
- Tag 2) Again using the Rose Madder Archival Ink, stamp your Eat, Drink & Be Happy close to the centre of your Tag. To stamp the little Pine Tree from the Alice Uncut Stamp Set, use Viridian Archival Ink Pad and position in the Lower Left corner of your Tag. Set aside.
- Tag 3) Use your Sparkle & Shine Stamp in Aquamarine Archival Ink closer to the bottom of your Tag and slightly off centre. Using the same Aquamarine, stamp the Round Hanging Baubles on the Upper Left Side (same as for Tag 1). Set aside.
- Tag 4) Stamp your Hugs & Kisses stamp in Aquamarine Archival Ink in the Bottom Left Corner of your Tag. In the opposite Upper Right Corner (position as Tags 1 & 3) stamp the Birds Hanging Baubles also in Aquamarine Archival Ink. Set aside.
- Trim your Metallic Tape Glitter lengths to measure approx 5cm each. Position and attach each Powder coloured piece on Tags 3 & 4 along the Top Edge. Repeat with the Blush pieces for Tags 1 & 2.
- Using either the Envelope Punch Board or a Corner Rounder Punch, punch the corners on each Tag so all four Tags have nicely rounded corners and no sharp edges. There should be virtually no resistance from your Punch when using it on the Metallic Tape sections.
- Punch a single hole in the Glitter area at the top of each Tag so you are able to thread your Ribbon through and complete your Tags. Again, there should be virtually no resistance while you’re punching through the Glitter. Thread a Pre Cut Ribbon length through each Tag one at a time. Tie off with either a knot or bow, whichever you prefer.
YAY…you’re now the proud owner of some rather snazzy Bling Gift Tags!!
Hope you’ve enjoyed making these Gift Tags…as I said, super easy and a lot of fun. I haven’t added the small Envelope in this tutorial as the SB Paper I used (Elegance Collection) is heading to ‘Tahiti’ when the current Catalogue expires in mid September. I’ll work out an alternative in the near future and let you know the details. 🙂
Please drop me a line and share a pic of your completed Tags either here in the Comments or on my Facebook Page. Would love to see your creations!
Till Next Time!! xx Happy Crafting!!