What a gorgeous start to the week it’s been so far. 🙂 I’m quite happy to be plowing through the Father’s Day Cards I need for the Markets, and really happy with the variety I’ve created thus far. This has got to be one of my favourites, the 3 Star Guy card, coz every guy should be treated like a 3 Star VIP in my opinion. Well, let’s be honest, we all should be treated like a 3 Star VIP shouldn’t we.
There’s a few things you will need to make this Card yourself, but it is super easy and quick! I love quick projects, especially if I can make them while I’m cooking dinner or waiting for the kettle to boil for a cuppa. And if this disorganised clutz can do it, rest assured you’ll be more than able to as well.
Follow these simple Instructions to make your own 3 Star Guy card.
- Kaszazz SB Essentials 12×12 Card; I’ve used both Butter and Chocolate Card in my Samples, cut to measure 21cm x 15cm. Score at 10½cms, fold & burnish for a crisp fold line.
- Kaszazz SB Ebony & Ivory Spots/Definitions 12×12 Paper. Cut to measure 14.7cm x 5cm. You can make it 15cm even so it sits flush with the Card edge if you prefer.
- Ezy Press Die-cut & Embossing Machine (or similar machine if you have one)
- Star shape Dies. I’ve used the smallest Star from the Star Die Set by Kaszazz.
- Stamps or the Father definition from the SB Paper.
- Small piece of Card to mount your Sentiment on
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad
- Ink Blending Tool and Replacement Foam
- Paper Trimmer
- 3mm & 6mm Super Tape
- 1cm of Magic Mount Foam Tape
- Glossy Accents
- Place your Ebony & Ivory SB Paper on your Die-Cut plate. For the Ezy Press you’ll require the Pink & Blue Plates for this project. Ensure your Shape Die is in the correct position to cut through your SB Paper. I’ve used the smallest Star Die from the Stars Thick Paper Cutting Die Set. Crank through your Machine. Reposition your chosen Shape and repeat till you have 3 Die-cut Shapes for your Card.
- Using your Super Tape, attach your Die-cut Panel on the Right hand edge of your Card Front. I use the 3mm on the areas where the Star is close to the edge and 6mm for the remaining sides.
- Using a small drip or two of Glossy Accents attach two of your Die-cut Shapes to the Left hand side of your Card. I usually do these two Stars showing the same design as my Panel opposite.
- Using the Magic Mount on the back of your third Star, attach so your Star/Shape is sitting in the middle of your Card, slightly overlapping the middle join. Be mindful of not covering up any of your Die-cut shapes.
- If you’re using one of the phrases from the Definitions on the SB Paper, trim to size with your Paper Trimmer. For Stamping, trim your spare Card to fit your Stamped Sentiment. This should be no wider than 10cm otherwise it will hang off your Card. Stamp your Sentiment with Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad.
- Use Super Tape to attach your Sentiment or Phrase to the front of your Card, carefully avoiding any of the other Stars.
Super easy right? If you’d like to make this Card up for a child or for a lady, simply swap around which colours you use for both your SB Essentials 12×12 Card and/or SB 12×12 Paper.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this quick and fun Card. Would love to see your version when you make them up.
Till Next Time!! xx