This week I’ve been busy making a Gift Set for customer that includes this gorgeous Coffee Mug to be filled with goodies. Am now looking at making a lot of these for Father’s Day and fill them with Choc Coated Sultanas for ready to give Gift Ideas. 🙂
Anyhoo….I made a few of these up last year at various stages and I know the instructions are here somewhere…do you think I could find them when I needed them? Nor could I find the original clip on YouTube! Eeeeks!!
Never fear…I just semi destructed one of the Samples I have on hand and worked from there. And then thought “Hey, maybe I should write up a tut for the Blog on these!” Lightbulb!! Let’s begin shall we?
- 8½” x 4½” Cardstock (I’ve used Kaszazz SB Essentials in Pool)
- 4″ x 4″ Cardstock for the handle
- 8 Strips of SB Paper measuring 2¾” x 7/8″
- 6mm Super Tape (Double Sided)
- Paper Trimmer
- Bone Scorer
- Glossy Accents (or other liquid adhesive)
- Ezy Press or other Die Cutting Machine
- Circle Dies (I’ve used size 4 & 7 if the smallest is #1)
Optional Extra is an Ink Pad in your choice of colour, Ink Blending Tool and Replacement Foam to blend around the edges. I’ve done it this time and do like the end result a lot more.
- With you Cardstock in Portrait Position (shorter edge at top) Score at 1½”
- Turn your Cardstock 90° so it’s now in Landscape Position (wider edge at top) and Score at 1″, 2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″ & 8″. This will leave you with a ½” extra length on the end.
- With your scissors remove the small rectangle at starting at the bottom of the 8″ score line. Cut to the 1½” Scoreline and remove. Cut up from the bottom each of the ‘Tabs’ to the 1½” Scoreline as well. (See Photo #1)
- Fold and Burnish all Scorelines.
- I found it easier to do my Ink Blending now on this Cup before I added the SB Papers and Handles. This is of course an optional inclusion.
- Using a small amount of Super Tape on the small Tab at the end of your Card, attach with the opposite end to create a circular shape. Make sure you line up your edges so the cup looks like a single piece of Card.
- Use Glossy Accents to adhere the Base Flaps in a circular motion. I’ve used a very, very small amount in the top left corner of the bottom flap before pressing the next flap (which happened to be on the left side) down on top. (See Photo #2) As it’s Card to Card and you’ll be popping a little bit of weight inside, I recommend a stronger liquid adhesive over double sided tape for this part. Feel free to experiment until you find what works best for you.
- Using the #4 and #7 Circles with the 4″ x 4″ SB Essentials Cardstock, die cut your Handles with your Ezy Press. Remove and trim your circles to resemble a Handle. Score both ends of your Handle about ¼” from the end before folding and burnishing with your Bone Scorer. (See Photo #3)
- Using Glossy Accents on the ends of your Handle. Line up with the Join Seam on your Cup and apply light pressure to ensure your handle adheres to the Cup.
- Using Super Tape adhere your SB Paper strips to each Panel on the outside of your Cup. You can choose to finish the decorating here, or continue on with Tags, Embellishments to suit the person who will be blown away with your thoughtful Gift.
I love how versatile this is for Gift Giving…I can’t think of anyone I know who wouldn’t enjoy receiving this as a Gift for whatever occasion. Well, maybe one person if I really tried.
Give it a go and Share your photo below in the comments. Would love to see how you go. Oh and if you have any edits for the tutorial…please, please, please let me know!!!
And if you’d like to Order any of the Kaszazz Products I’ve used in this Tutorial, please message me. 🙂
Till Next Time!!xx